Monday, February 23, 2015

Home with the girl

Clean up time. We had a fabulous Oscar Party last night. Despite the snowy weather most of our friends were able to attend because they live in the neighborhood or very close. There was lots of food and drinks and laughter an even a little bit of watching the awards. The kids played together great. They watched a little of the Boxtrolls movie but mostly played their own games of hide and seek and a ghost hunt game that involved lights off, flashlights and a lot of screaming. Joel was able to entertain the kids for a bit with a movie character scavenger hunt that had them looking high and low all over the house.

Today Julianne and I are home cleaning up. She loves to "wash dishes" at the sink. More dishes get dirtied than washed because she gets lots of cups and spoons and pours water back and forth. It does keep her entertained for a long time with only a slight risk of flooding. I was able to put away clean dishes and take down party decorations.

Julianne is on her second week of potty training and doing really good. The party was a great test. She was able to twice tell someone near her that she needed to go potty! There are still lots of accidents (one today) but I feel like we have got a good start.

I'm motivated today to make this post because I happened to look back at some of the great stuff I posted a couple years ago. It's amazing how quickly the kids are growing! I also miss the motivation to take pictures of the everyday routine. It's easy to take pictures at holidays but the great stuff that happens each day makes for the best photos (and is easily forgotten if not documented). I can't find time to scrapbook. Maybe I can make time for this.
Little girl shaking her "booty-butt".
This favorite phrase of her own creation makes me crazy and unfortunately she loves that!

No comments: